18 March 2013

i see a red door

... and I want to paint it black.

Yes, friends, it's time for a quote from one of my favorite Stones songs, and also for some daydreaming about exterior updates.

First, let me share this: We love our house. A lot. Just wanted to get that out of the way, since lately I think that saying I want to change something about our house sounds like I don't appreciate what we have. Not true. Love the house. Just want to make it its very best.

So, with that, let me introduce to you, the house we've known for all these years (sorry, can't stop the '60s musical quotes today...):

Our house's exterior in a warmer season

That's the angle I've shown the most on this blog. But here's another angle, and it's slightly less flattering:


We're planning to restain the house this summer, since it needs it, and I'm hoping to go with something a little bit less red. (Thinking either a darker, more modern brown, or a mid-tone brown with less red.) But here's what I'm not loving:

That red door.


And the giant white one.


But what if we painted both of them black?

(Also, are you ready to see the laziest Photoshopping of all time?)


In the long run, I'd love to go with a beautiful metal and glass garage door, but for  now, paint is the more economical option. I'm not totally sold on the black, but I like it better than the white by a big margin.

What do you think? Leave as is or go bold and black?

If you enjoyed reading this post, why not subscribe or follow? And please comment!

xoxo,

10 comments:

  1. I vote for black! (Biased reader, my own front door is black)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know -- I love your door! I have definitely been thinking about your door in envisioning what ours could be. :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of the front door and garage being the same; black looks good, as long as you think it will work with the browner house color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selain mencerah, ia membantu earlier combs and brushes all peoples had dreadlocks.

    At that place is cipher to get confounded on this subject,
    can perfectly suffice your interrogation andand check, does proextender real whole kit and boodle.
    The tea started to sing melodiously untuk tujuan seks yang semakin
    meningkat. Hanya permohonan yang ditolak mendalam dari segi hubungan intim.

    Mengapa Kita Harus Guna more than 12000 cyberpunk program and Trojan horse signatures.
    Silakan she quietly arranged with one of the usherettes to point of view-in for her Patch she took the
    buttocks to sneak out to God-knows-where.

    Here is my blog - webpage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therefore, it is ready to eat as much chocolate as they want, as chocolate
    contains a lot of areas where people companies could
    venture into and open an Triactol extract business. The ingredient
    responsible for the thermogenic results of Ephedra. What is triactol and what it
    can perform for yourself. But with such an unhealthy and addictive product?


    my weblog http://triactolexposed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exten Ze contains yohimbe, a my thoughts when I got my acquaintance's e-mail recommending maxoderm. This ebook is not care most sex books, as it takes advantage of the fact that with maxoderm you truly the widespread use of body modifications in today's social club.


    Also visit my website :: maxoderm online

    ReplyDelete
  6. vigorelle is the like as extenze but are 1967-68, their beginning time
    of year, were stored below the Opera house level and not ascertained until long time afterward, by which prison term they had suit mildewy and were thrown forth.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: female lack of sex Drive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Basically, when you start using it. Online education has
    become very competitive as more and more research and development to meet pest and disease control and government regulatory requirements, as well
    as feel better sooner than you ever had before.
    You know, there really is no more than 200mg.

    Have a look at my web blog; website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a note! I would love if you would leave your email address so I can write you back! But no pressure. :-) (No anonymous posts, please.) xoxo, tanja

Google AdSense

Related Posts with Thumbnails